Are you a carer interested in free aged care training? Government-backed education packages are now available online
Free education packages developed by the Wicking Dementia Research and Education Centre at the University of Tasmania, delivered through Equip Aged Care Learning Packages, and commissioned by the Department of Health and Aged Care, are now available.
The packages are designed to educate carers, personal care workers, nurses, allied health professionals and volunteers working in aged care about a range of topics, including:
- the Australian Aged Care System
- exploring the role of Nurses, Personal Care Workers, and Allied Health
- professionals working in aged care
- the Aged Care Quality Standards
- supporting people living with dementia
- palliative and end-of-life care
- person-centred care
- Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander cultural awareness
- trauma-informed care
- promoting mental health and wellbeing
- cross cultural awareness
- oral health promotion
- prevention of falls
- wound management and pressure injury prevention
- hearing health
Each module takes about 10 minutes to complete and can be accessed from a phone, tablet, or computer.
A free, downloadable certificate is available on completion of each module, and an additional certificate is available when all modules are complete.
You can find out more on the Equip Aged Care Learning Packages website.