Have your say on aged care funding
The Federal Government’s Aged Care Taskforce is currently reviewing funding arrangements for aged care and developing options for a better system – and they want your help.
The Taskforce is seeking feedback on a set of draft principles via a series of questions on aged care funding.
The funding questions are:
- Is Australia’s aged care system and how you pay for aged care easy to understand? If not, why not?
- What does “fairness” in aged care funding and care services look like?
- Is funding for Australia’s aged care system sustainable? If not, what is needed to make it sustainable?
- What costs do you think consumers in aged care should contribute to and to what extent? How is this different for care, compared with everyday living expenses or accommodation?
- What does quality and appropriate care mean to you?
- What does innovation in aged care mean to you? How can funding support it?
- What is the role of Government versus private investment in funding upgrades and constructing new facilities? Is the role different in rural and remote locations?
- Is there anything else you think the Taskforce members need to know about Australia’s aged care system?
This is your chance to have your say on what the future of Australia’s aged care funding system could look like – but you need to get in quick.
This consultation will close at 5pm AEST, 31 August.
For more information, click HERE.