Queensland man tries to kill cockroaches – with insect spray flamethrower
Police and fire crews had to be called last week after the Mount Isa man allegedly ignited a can and a half of insect spray caused an explosion that shattered the windows and blew out the kitchen of his fibro house.
Queensland Fire and Emergency Services said the man was taken to hospital with minor injuries from shrapnel but later released with stitches to his head.
Aerosol sprays have clear labels warning against exposing them to a naked flame – for good reason.
At least the man was the only person injured, with police telling ABC News it was lucky no one else was nearby.
“It didn't travel very far, but it was a very vicious explosion in the area where it was,” station officer Ian Louden said.
No word on how the cockroaches are faring.