Is there a supplement in Home Care for Enteral Feeding? 2.6

Enteral Feeding Supplement in Home Care

Enteral feeding is a method of providing nutrients, including water, through a tube placed in the nose, the stomach, or the small intestine. It is for people who have a restricted ability to absorb nutrients via the gastrointestinal tract or who cannot swallow food.

A different rate of supplement is paid for bolus (single feeds) and non-bolus (continuous feeding).

A higher supplement applies at 125 percent of the standard supplement and may be approved if higher costs are incurred, but not if this is due to a more expensive source of supply. 

Higher costs may occur due to:

  • a greater volume of formula being required each day;
  • a more expensive formula being need because of special medical needs (eg diabetes may need a special formula which is more expensive); 
  • a higher number of bolus feeds per day; and 


  • a formula to be delivered over time or a thicker formula, requiring a mechanical pump 

The current rates of enteral feeding supplement paid to eligible residential care and home care services can be found on the Subsidies and Supplements or here



The following is required:
Check once completed


To apply for the enteral feeding supplement, Home Care Service Provider needs to complete an application form which can be found on the Department of Human Services website or here

Forms can be submitted here.