The Assessment Results
The My Aged Care assessment feeds into a plan which will help you live independently. Some supports might include:
- Assistive devices or equipment
- Exercise and daily activity program
- Strategies to reduce falls
- Improved awareness and understanding of the use of medication
- Ways of managing chronic disease, including self-management
The assessment results may also suggest some options for you that are not part of the CHSP such as local community services and groups.
My Aged Care might also refer the assessment results to a service provider who can then develop a plan in consultation with you.
This isn't the only way to do things. You, as the client, can also make a referral to your preferred provider, using a referral code.The code provides a means for the service provider to access your client record and help inform them of your needs, so they can have a proper discussion with you. It is then up to you and your provider to agree on how services will be delivered.