Just as Home Care service providers have responsibilities towards you, you also have responsibilities towards the provider, in the interests of them supplying the best service.
To carry out your side of the bargain, you should:
- Respect the rights and the dignity of home care workers
- Provide sufficient and accurate information when you are developing the care plan and Home Care Agreement
- Follow the terms and conditions of your Home Care Agreement, including paying your fees when due
- Allow safe and reasonable access for care staff at the times and places set out in your care plan and Home Care Agreement
- Advise the coordinator if you don’t require a service or if you wish to suspend or terminate your package