What are the types of aged care legal agreements? 8.1

Aged care legal agreements

After being offered a place in an aged care home (nursing home) you need to complete some paperwork, to confirm that you understand and accept the terms of moving in.   This paper work includes a Resident Agreement which everyone has to sign and possibly an Accommodation Agreement which you only sign if you are contributing to the cost of your accommodation.



Handy Hint - Did you know that if you can click the CC at the bottom righthand side while the video is playing, captions will appear.  To get rid of them, click CC again.
View transcript of video here

 Depending on the aged care home, you may be offered:

  • two separate agreement documents
  • a single Resident Agreement that also incorporates the Accommodation Agreement 
  • a choice to have a single agreement or two separate agreements 



Whether you sign one combined agreement or two separate agreements will affect how how much time you have to sign the agreement.